LPL Financial was formed in 1989 through the merger of two small brokerage firms, Linsco and Private Ledger, both established in 1968. By merging these two companies, the founders of LPL sought to create a trusted alternative to Wall Street firms, one in which financial advisors could build highly competitive businesses while always doing what is right for their clients.
We chose to partner with LPL for several reasons:
• They are the largest independent broker/dealer in the country* supporting approximately 17,000 financial professionals with over $465 billion in assets inside brokerage and advisory accounts.
• They provide us an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisory services.
• They do not offer proprietary products, which enables us to offer our clients objective advice.
• They have one of the largest and most experienced research groups among independent brokerage firms.
• They have more than 2,900 employees with headquarters in Boston, Charlotte and San Diego.
We believe being independent, unrestricted, and not conflicted by business interests is the only way to provide exceptional advice. The structure of LPL Financial — not having proprietary products, investment banking, or market making facilities — provides the backdrop for objective decision making.
For more information about LPL Financial, visit www.lpl.com.
* As reported in Financial Planning magazine 1996-2014, based on total revenues.