“DON’T D.R.O.P. THE BALL!”
Your retirement is rapidly approaching. We don’t need to tell you how important it is to have a plan in place. If you do nothing, it could cost you 20% of your D.R.O.P. account value in taxes alone. Like many of our clients in the FRS (Florida Retirement System), you may fit into one of these categories:
- You are currently working with a financial advisor and think that you have taken care of everything for your retirement and D.R.O.P rollover.
- You think that it would be best to keep your D.R.O.P. rollover in the FRS.
- You have not done anything yet, but need to.
It goes without saying that whatever category you fit into, this is a BIG decision, and one that you only get one chance to make. With the many issues that are facing our economy today, you probably have many questions regarding health care and costs, how much you can take out of your retirement accounts, how taxes are going to affect your withdrawals, and how you can grow your retirement assets without taking on too much risk. You have worked a long time to get here, and now you want to make the best decision possible.
Provident Wealth Management Group is an independent firm that specializes in helping individuals in the Florida Retirement System transition to a confident lifestyle in retirement. Whether you are currently working with an advisor, thinking about keeping your money in the FRS, or if you have not made a decision yet, we recommend that you call us. We can:
- Reassure you that you are taking the correct steps with your current advisor or point out a few things that they may not have mentioned.
- Explain when it does and does not make sense to leave your D.R.O.P rollover in the FRS investment plan.
- Map out a plan for you if you have not taken any of these steps yet. It is important to remember that if you do nothing, it could cost you 20% of your D.R.O.P. account value in taxes alone.
Call us to discuss your decision. We do not charge any fees to speak with you about your decision. We will meet with you for a complimentary initial consultation if it makes sense. We have helped many individuals in your same situation navigate this important decision, and look forward to helping you as well!
We hope you find the attached links helpful.
* As reported in Financial Planning magazine 1996-2014, based on total revenues.